I had this bean dip couple of times in a Mexican restaurant and loved it. When I like something new in a restaurant I have to try making it at home 🙂 so here is my version of this delicious white bean dip for a Mexican dinner.
White bean dipCourse: Appetizers and SnackCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 can of cooked white beans (or black beans)
1/2 chopped onion
1 chopped garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a small pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until they turn a bit gold.
- Place the beans in a colander and rinse them under cold running water.
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, cumin powder, salt and the olive oil in a food processor and blend them all until you get a creamy texture.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips.
- You can also do it with black beans, it is also delicious.