What is sous vide? Everything you need to know about sous vide cooking technique that produces restaurant quality results.
What is sous vide?
Sous vide (pronounced as sue veed) is a cooking method that uses precise temperature control to deliver high-end restaurant results. This cooking technique has been used by restaurants for years but now became affordable for home cook lovers thanks to devices such as the Anova precision cooker.
In this cooking method, vacuum-sealing food in a bag is cooked to a precise temperature in a water bath. Getting amazing results that are difficult or impossible to achieve with usual cooking appliances. .
In this cooking method, vacuum-sealing food in a bag is cooked to a precise temperature in a water bath. Getting amazing results that are difficult or impossible to achieve with usual cooking appliances.
How to cook sous vide?
This cooking technique follows really easy steps that are a bit different from the usual sear and then roast methods:
- Attach the precision cooker to a pot or container with water.
- Set the time and temperature that will differ depending on the food and your desired level of doneness.
- Place your food in a sealable bag and attach it to the side of the pot. Needs to be under the water.
- Sear or grill the food.
Why cook in sous vide?
Consistency. The precision cooker creates a constant circulation of water, which cooks the food evenly.
This means that if you are cooking pork tenderloin, for example, you will get red pinkish meat through all the section and not a pink center and an overcooked outside. Food will preserve all the flavor and juice.
Who can cook sous vide?
Everyone. You do not need to be a chef at all. The Anova precision cooker comes with an app with a full guide and hundreds of recipes that are easy to follow. You just need to search for the food that you want to cook and decide the level of doneness. So it is impossible to overcook anything.
What equipment do I need to cook?
- A sous vide precision cooker device
- A large pot or a container to make the water bath
- Optional: For long cooking times, sous vide balls or a lid. To avoid water from evaporating
Anova precision cooker review
I could not be happier with the device and it opened a new world to new textures and perfectly cooked meat and fish.
I no longer need to worry if the meat is going to be rear or overcooked. When I cook with the precision cooker I can ensure that the meat will always be rear (I love good rear meat).
If I had to make a pros and cons list:
- Food is always PERFECTLY cooked at the desired level of doneness.
- Extremely easy to use
- Anova App, you can control from your phone
- Easy to clean
- Small. Easy to store
- Does not smell. Not even when you cook for 24 H.
- Price. Even if it is affordable it is definitely an investment
- The vacuum sealing machine needs to be purchased separately. Most of the time there are discounts on Amazon.
- Noise. It makes a little bit of noise while cooking. It might be a little bit annoying when cooking food for 12 or 24 hours.
My opinion: If you love cooking and what to get to the next level or you want to make a cooking lover an amazing gift, yes this is an amazing investment.
Recipes will follow soon.
This is the one I have if you want to have a look:
|Anova Culinary | Sous Vide Precision Cooker (WiFi) | 1000 Watt||Sous Vide Cooking balls – BPA Free – 20mm 250 Balls||Anova Culinary | Sous Vide Precision Vaccum|
If you have any questions about the sous vide please feel free to send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , I will be more than happy to help you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something through those links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost for you. Thank you for your support!