Easy slow cooker pork ribs, the basic recipe.
Pick your favourite sauce and make the most tender spare ribs on the slow cooker.
It is one of the easiest recipes for the slow cooker if you are just starting to explore this tools. So easy to make and you will get the most tender spare ribs at home.
Perfect for a nice winter dinner idea or for a bbq.
How can I make them for a bbq?
Follow all the steps from the recipe below but instead of broiling them in the oven, grill them on the bbq.
Take the ribs out of the slow cooker and place them on the grill. Brush with the sauce and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. You can do a single sauce coating or 2.
Absolutely delicious to enjoy with friends or family on a summer bbq.
Do you need some sauce inspirations?
You can go from basic salt and pepper to mustard barbecue sauces. Pick your favourite, marinate the ribs and cook the on the slow cooker.
- Barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper
- White wine sauce: Minced garlic, white wine, chopped parsley, salt and pepper
- Honey mustard sauce
- Chipotle sauce
- Mustard Barbecue sauce
Easy slow cooker pork ribsCourse: BBQ, Main Dish, Meat, Slow CookerDifficulty: Easy
Use your favourite sauce, first to marinade the ribs and the to glaze them in the oven as a last step. I will be using honey-soy sauce, but feel free to use your favourite sauce)
750 g pork short ribs
- Marinade sauce: (I used: Honey-soy sauce)
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
½ teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- Gazing sauce: Honey-soy sauce
2 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl combine the marinade sauce. I used: honey, soy sauce, pepper and garlic.
- Season the ribs from both sides with the sauce using a brush.
- Place them in a sealed container or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours or over-night.
- Place the ribs in the slow cooker vertically (see picture below), so they will cook evenly.
- Cook in HIGH for 4 hours.
- When the ribs are almost ready, pre-heat the oven to 220ºC.
- When the ribs are ready remove them from the slow cooker and place them on the baking tray.
- Glazing sauce: (I used:Honey-soy sauce:) In a medium bowl combine the honey, soy sauce, pepper, garlic and the liquid from the slow cooker.
- Brush the ribs from both sides with the sauce. Place the ribs on the baking tray with the meaty part up. Bake for 10 minutes at 220ºC. Open the oven and brush the ribs (just the upper-meaty part) every 5 minutes, so 3 times in total. This will create an amazing caramelized layer.
- Allow the ribs to cool and rest for 2-3 minutes and remove the bones. They will fall off easily. Enjoy them!
Fancy some tacos with spare ribs?
Juicy and full of flavour! The meat is so tender it falls off the bone, add some roasted vegetables and fresh-made guacamole. Can not think of a better combination.