Chicken souvlaki with pita bread or without is always a great idea especially in summer for a bbq.
The marinade is the key to get a tender chicken full of flavour.
If you want more bbq ideas check some here.
Chicken souvlaki with pita breadCourse: MainCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
400 g chicken things or breast
1 lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
- Yogurt sauce:
4 tablespoon greek yogurt
1 small garlic, grated
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1/2 lime zest
1 lime juice
2-3 peppermint or mint leaves, chopped
- To serve:
5-6 pita bread
1 tomato, sliced
1 onion, sliced
- Marinade: Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place them in a bowl. Add rest of the ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, dried oregano and thyme, garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Toos to combine. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Yogurt sauce: Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Thread marinated chicken pieces through the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on a grill pan or bbq. Cook on all sides, about 5-6 minutes in total.
- Assembly: Spread some yogurt sauce on a pita bread, add chicken pieces and some tomato and onion slices. Enjoy!