Easy and flavourful Thai pumpkin and coconut soup, perfect for winter.
If you are looking for an easy but different pumpkin soup, you have to try this Thai pumpkin soup.
I love a classic pumpkin soup, but every now and then it is great to cook this Thai version.
The curry and the coconut milk are key to get a creamy and flavourful soup.
Thai pumpkin and coconut soupCourse: StarterCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
400 g butternut pumpkin
1 medium-size potato
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon tomato sauce or 1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 cup water or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon curry paste or powder
200 ml coconut milk
Chopped green onion
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and the potato.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin, the potato, onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder or paste, tomato, some salt and water.
- Bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the coconut milk in. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl with some peanuts and finely chopped green onions.