Thai cashew chicken stir fry is for sure my go to recipe when I want a nice and easy Thai recipe. My version of the classic Thai cashew chicken has lots more vegetables as I think they go really well with the sauce. So feel free to add your favourite vegetables to the recipe.
What kind of vegetables?
Paprika, bok choy, cabbage, green onion, aubergine, sugar snaps… go really well with the sauce.
The key to get a soft aubergine?
If you want to get a soft and delicious aubergine, it is important to leave the chopped aubergine stick in salted water for 30 minutes. Then add them to the wok with the rest of the vegetables.
Looking for easy dinner ideas? Let me inspire you with some delicious ideas.
Grab the ingredients and let’s start!
Thai cashew chicken stir fryCourse: MainCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
400 g chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 garlic minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger (fresh)
1 teaspoon Thai chili paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 aubergine, cut into wedges
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
4 green onions, cut into 2-3 cm pieces
50 g cashews
2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Place the aubergine wedges in a large bowl filled with water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken
- In a medium size bowl, marinate the chicken with the soy sauce, garlic, corn starch, ginger and black pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, 2 minutes. Transfer to a large platter or bowl.
- Add cashews to the wok and cook for a couple of minutes until golden, transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok, over high heat. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add the rest of the vegetables: aubergine (rinse off the water), pepper, green onion and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the vegetables are a little bit golden but still crunchy, add sauce, chicken and cashews. Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with some sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- You can serve it with some rice or noodles.
Full video recipe: Youtube.