Slow cooker mushrooms with white wine sauce, easy and delicious starter or a side dish.
You just need a few ingredients to make these delicious and tender slow cooker mushrooms. You can cook them 1 or 2 ahead and then just warm them up before serving. Perfect as a starter or as a side dish for the main course.
Hope you like them.
Do you need more slow cooker recipe ideas? Here some of them.
Slow cooker mushrooms with white wine sauceCourse: SidesCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
550 g clean mushrooms
1 small onion
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup white wine, 125 ml
300 ml water
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium size pan over medium-high heat. Add finely chopped onion and garlic. Season with salt and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add water, salt, pepper and the cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Mix to combine, place the lid and cook 2 hours and 30 mins in HIGH.
- When the mushrooms are ready, chop finely the parley and combine with the mushrooms.
- You can serve it inmediately but I suggest you cook it 1 or 2 ahead as it will taste much better.
- Can be stored in the fridge in a closed container up to 4 days.
- Do not freeze the mushrooms as they get mushy.