My favourite slow cooker banana bread with chocolate.
Buttery, incredibly moist, loaded with chocolate chips and easy to make.
Yes, you can use the slow cooker to bake cakes or desserts. I love it specially to make spongy cakes, the texture and moist is always amazing. Plus no need to use the oven.
This is a traditional banana bread recipe with sugar and butter but I am testing healthier versions too. Soon available on the web.
Healthier slow cooker dessert ideas?
Pumpkin chocolate cake is for sure my favourite autumn cake, when pumpkins are sweet and flavourful.
Can I bake it in the oven?
Of course, bake it at 180°C for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. You can also add some melted chocolate on top to get an extra chocolaty banana bread.
Slow cooker banana bread with chocolate chipsCourse: Dessert, Slow Cooker, TraditionalCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 ripe bananas
180 g flour
80 g unsalted, melted butter
100 g brown sugar
6 g baking powder
100 g Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
80 g dark chocolate chips
A pinch of salt
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper.
- Cut one of the bananas in two slices, lengthwise. Set aside.
- Mash the other 3 bananas using a fork.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar and eggs, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in Greek yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon powder. Whisk for 1 minute.
- Fold in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Then, fold in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker and place the banana slices on top.
- Place the lid covered with kitchen towel or paper.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes before removing from the slow cooker. Enjoy it!
- Store at room temperature in a container.
This post contains affiliate links.