It is Saturday and that means new Pintxo recipe. Today I am sharing a ratatouille with codfish and fried quail eggs. Get some bread as you will need it for the sauce.
Ready for #pintxoSaturday? More appetizer ideas here.
Ratatouille with codfish and quail eggsCourse: Aperitivos y Snacks, PintxosCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ aubergine cutted into cubes
130 g codfish, desalted and chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
8 quail eggs
3 tablespoon olive oil
½ tablespoon paprika powder
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and both peppers to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add aubergine cubes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika and quickly add the tomato sauce. Let it cook for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Add chopped codfish, cook for 3 minutes.
- Fry the quail eggs in a large pan over medium heat with a little bit of oil.
- Serve: Divide the ratatouille with codfish into 4 bowls or mini pans and place 2 fried quail eggs on top. Serve warm with some bread.
The little pan I use are old ones from Ikea.