Easy to make ginger chicken, perfect to enjoy as a dinner.
It is so easy to make and you can also use beef or turkey meat, and the ginger sauce will go well with any of them. Add some boiled rice and some stir-fried vegetables to make a delicious meal.
Ginger chickenCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
1 kg chicken thighs
3 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Ginger chicken
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
400 ml Water
Optional: 4-5 prunes
- Side dish:
Stir fried swiss chard
2 green onions
- Cut chicken thighs into 2 cm chunks and place in a container.
- Add soy sauce, minced garlic and ginger, and black pepper.
- Mix and close the container. Place in the fridge overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Ginger chicken:
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Heat oil on a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and the marinated chicken to the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped prunes.
- Pour the vinegar and water into the skillet and bring into a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meantime boil the rice and stir fry some swiss chard or spinach.
- Serve ginger chicken on a platter with some boiled rice and stir fried chard. Garnish with sliced green onions and cayenne powder.
If you need more ideas for main dishes, here some.