Warm and creamy roasted tomato carrot soup for chilly days.
It is getting colder and days are getting shorter so everything roasted is a good idea for me. Especially if it is a warm soup.
Roasted tomatoes and carrots with goat cheese milk to get the creamiest soup. If you add cheese-bread slices then it is the perfect winter recipe.
Creamy Roasted Tomato Carrot SoupCourse: SoupCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
1,5 kg tomatoes
1 small onion, cutted in half
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
2 cups vegetable broth
salt and pepper
4 tbs goat milk yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place tomatoes, carrots, garlic and onion on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Heat the broth in a medium-size pot, medium heat. Add tomatoes and the rest of the vegetables to the pot. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add 2 tbs goat milk yoghurt.
- Blend using a stick blender until smooth.
- Simmer a few more minutes if you want a thicker soup.
- Serve in bowls with a bit of goat milk yoghurt on top. The combination is just perfect.
- Extra: Roast some bread slices topped with cheese for 4 minutes.
Looking for more soup recipes? Check here.